Tuesday 8 October 2013

My first video and review


Last lesson we had to film a short clip involving: different shots and angles, the 180 rule and a continuity shot - we chose to film the actress walking through the door then filmed her from the other side. The video starts off by showing the actress walking down a corridor and then approaching a door. 



The 180 rule was applied when the two people characters were having a conversation on the stairs. The camera shouldn't cross the 180* line otherwise the audience will be left confused as to who's looking where. 

Below are examples that demonstrate the 180 rule.


 These diagrams show that the camera has to follow a certain angle and should not cross it as the shot will be unclear for the audience and won't flow nicely.

In reflection, after watching back my first  official video, there are very few errors. However it isn't perfect but nothing is, one critique that I can make is the "close-up" of the hand, I'd suggest that if I was to re-shoot this I would make it even closer to add more of an impact and been more effective. 

I think that the start of the video is really good as it flows very well and the shot of the actress walking through the door was really good and flowed really well. However the main issue with this video was the conversation between the two actresses as when I edited it to show who was speaking, it was very jumpy and didn't quite flow as nicely as the rest of the video nonetheless for my first video it was pretty good and I am proud of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment