Friday 8 November 2013

Representation of Women in Media


Below is a clip of my view on how women are represented in the media.



As a feminist I believe that women shouldn't solely be seen as pretty objects to be looked at but as intelligent individuals who should be equal to men and with this in mind I created my video to be a hard hitting expose on the belittlement and sexualisation of women in the media. I did this by using clips from music videos where women are seen as "Glorified prostitutes" which has been stated by a sociologist called Engels. Moreover, I also enclosed a clip from a documentary on the inspiring female super heroine which was Wonder woman as I believed that she was the driving force for feminism and women believing that they could be more than housewives but the heroines of their own lives, they can be independent.

1 comment:

  1. Great! loved the different examples of female representation throughout the years. Also showing the young girl and how female perceptions within media can start from a young age.

    ReplyDelete